From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] nvi overwrites vim-libs
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 08:44:01
1 On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 01:52:34PM +0200, Peter Kadau wrote:
2 > hi !
3 >
4 > did a test-install of nvi (not that i really need it)
5 > and it overwrote the vim-libs (not the binary)
6 > it became only clear to me as i tried ":syntax on", which didn't work anymore.
7 >
8 > maybe the ebuild should be changed or - better even, concerning portages
9 > infrastructure - introduce a portage variable "CONFLICTS".
10 > but as i understand it, this means substantial change in
11 > portage.doebuild and depgraph (from emerge)...
12 > ... so the first solution would be easier.
13
14 We already have a (little-tested) conflict system. You can add an
15 RDEPEND="!app-editors/nvi". It *should* work, but again needs more
16 testing.
17
18 Best Regards,
21 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>