From: Ben Lutgens <blutgens@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rescue/install disk
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 09:45:14
1 On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 05:41:42PM +0200, BoehmeSilvio wrote:
2 >Hi,
3 >
4 >i would like to test the new snapshot, so i have downloaded also the new
5 >install disk image.
6 >I boot the install disk, an it ask for the rescue disk.
7 >
8 >Ok, but how I have to handle the rescue disk ??
9 >The rescue-lvm.gz is to big for a floppy ??
10 >( unzip and burn on the cd ??? )
13 It is if you have a filesystem on the floppy, I cp'd it directly to /dev/fd0
14 and it worked fine. dd should work too but without knowing the bs it's tough,
15 cp don't care.
18 Ben Lutgens cell: 612.670.4789
19 Sistina Software Inc. work: 612.379.3951
20 Code Monkey Support (A.K.A. System Administrator)
21 http://www.sistina.com/ http://www.gentoo.org/
22 Kernel panic: I have no root and I want to scream