From: Rob Cakebread <pythonhead@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: dsd@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Looking for developers for a new 'Planet' web-app
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 00:41:14
1 Daniel Drake wrote:
2 >
3 > Examples of what people are requesting:
4 > - Ability to browse the 'archives' (i.e. the content which has dropped
5 > off the end of the page, which planet discards)
6 > - Ability to search the content and the archives
7 > - Ability to browse by Gentoo herd, i.e. view the weblogs of the apache
8 > maintainers.
11 I patched the Planet source to add all the entries to an sql
12 database then wrote a quick CherryPy demo [1] that uses the existing
13 Planet's template system.
14
15 The example just has the entries for a few random developers. You can
16 search the titles or full text. Source code available [2] for
17 the curious. You'll need dev-python/cherrypy and USE='sqlite'
18 dev-python/sqlobject.
19
20 If I can get ahold of the config.ini and template for the actual
21 Planet Gentoo I'll be able to get the herd info from usernames
22 (and make it look like the real deal).
23
24 [1] http://gentooexperimental.org:9898/
25 [2] http://dev.gentoo.org/~pythonhead/planetdb.tbz2
29 Rob Cakebread
30 Gentoo Linux Developer
31 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x96BA679B
32 Key fingerprint = 5E1A 57A0 0FA6 939D 3258 8369 81C5 A17B 96BA 679B
33 --
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list