From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: WANG Xuerui <i.gentoo@×××××.name>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Plans for a Gentoo/LoongArch port
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 08:47:16
1 >>>>> On Tue, 24 Aug 2021, WANG Xuerui wrote:
2
3 > It seems the discussion has gone quiet for a while now, so I take that
4 > we choose ARCH=loong over ARCH=loongarch according to GLEP 53?
5
6 LGTM
7
8 > If that doesn't receive much objection, I'll prepare and send the
9 > first few eclass patches soon.
10
11 We also need to update the conditional in eselect:
12 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/eselect.git/tree/libs/package-manager.bash.in#n70
13
14 Does the GNU triplet (i.e. HOSTTYPE in bash) always use "loongarch"
15 literally, or can it have some suffix?
16
17 Ulrich