From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo tree package moves updates.
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2016 21:40:49
1 >>>>> On Tue, 8 Mar 2016, Brian Dolbec wrote:
2
3 > As discussed a few years ago. We agreed to trim the package moves
4 > updates to maintain 4 years history active in the tree. It currently
5 > still goes back to include 2010. There was a recent edit to a 2010
6 > file that triggered a full re-processing of those files.
7
8 That's not correct. I had noticed reprocessing of all files already
9 around March 1st, definitely before the edit of the 1Q-2010 file.
10
11 > Last night for me it was triggered again. I don't know the cause,
12 > but I really don't care enough to investigate. But it prompted bug
13 > 576752.
14
15 > That said, being 2016, I am going to trim 2010 and 2011 files from
16 > the active tree in 48 hours unless anyone shows a valid and
17 > justifiable reason to keep them.
18
19 That would (maybe) cure the symptoms, but don't you think that the
20 real bug should be found? I suggest that you wait with removal of the
21 files until then.
22
23 Ulrich