From: Markus Nigbur <pYrania@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] making metadata.xml pay off and removing pkg_postinst crud
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 12:30:06
1 Another problem with adding those userinformation to the metadata.xml file is, that you may have different information regarding every single ebuild. we would need to add some version seperation into the metadata.xml file's "postinfo" section, but this again would make the use of it redundant.
2 I'd stay with the current solution, playcing this info directly into the ebuilds. we could add an extra function for this kind of information, but i don't think that's needed.
5 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list