From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Categories for GUI stuff x11 and wayland
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2017 19:30:34
1 On Mon, 4 Sep 2017 15:16:46 -0400
2 "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Maybe just UI but that maybe to generic.
5 > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_interface
6
7 As a side question, what does "xui" mean in this world?
8
9 I went googling and all I could find was "X User Interface"
10
11 And all I could find there is that's "A user interface to the X Windows
12 System"
13
14 Are we allowed to consider Wayland and X11 are both "X Windows Systems"
15 providing "X User Interfaces", despite the underlying protocols being
16 different?
17
18 Most of my search results returned "Mac OSX User Interface", so its not
19 all bad.
20
21 Maybe not a solution in itself, but we're in the right side of the
22 universe now.