From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Slacker arches
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 12:21:12
1 On 1/25/11 12:38 PM, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
2 > Every arch teams should stabilise OR write out reason why they can't do
3 > so to stable bug in 90 days. If any arch team fails to do so the
4 > maintainer can decide to drop their keywords to testing. Given depgraph
5 > breakages the maintainer can coordinate with the QA team to drop all
6 > reverse dependencies to testing too.
7
8 Seconded. Reality++
9
10 Be prepared for some issues though. Sometimes maintainers don't agree
11 with reasons arch teams provide that block stabilizations. In those
12 cases, who makes the decision? My suggestion is QA.
13
14 Also, we should have someone to check for stale stabilization bugs. I'm
15 not sure if all reporters are able to take care of that, especially if
16 they have a lot of bugs open.
17
18 Paweł