From: Kaibo Ma <kaiboma06@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RfC] Supporting Maven/Gradle build systems by installing to a local maven repository
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 15:34:12
1 >1. We need to be able to tell the build system that it should only
2 >lookup artifacts from a particular repository, the system wide one.
3
4 I don't think this would be a big problem.
5 For ebuilds, they can just enable offline mode which would restrict
6 maven/gradle from using remote artifacts.
7
8 As gradle/maven dependency caches are on a per-user basis,
9 the portage user would not encounter issues such as using a
10 previously fetched artifact from the cache.
11
12 >2. We need to be able to tell the build system to install it's artifacts
13 >in a particular local repository, nowhere else.
14
15 This would be hard for maven I think. But for gradle,
16 init scripts could be installed to GRADLE_HOME/init.d/
17 by eselect-gradle which will add the local repository to
18 publishing, plugins, and dependencies repos.
19
20 See https://docs.gradle.org/current/userguide/init_scripts.html.