From: Frank van de Pol <fvdpol@g.o>
To: Dylan Carlson <absinthe@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bug voting++
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 20:09:23
1 vote++;
2
3 it gives a nice understanding on the demand for certain enhancement/ebuild
4 requests. It's also a nice, low-overhead way for people to say 'heck, I ran
5 in that bug too and would indeed welcome to see it fixed'.
6
7 Of course there might always be people that abuse such a system to get a
8 stronger voice, but the developer's common sense will for sure deal with
9 that. After all, the voting is not (and should not be) an official
10 priority-setting tool. I'd be happy to use it as hint though.
11
12 Perhaps it might be usefull to include the 'top 10', or top most of last
13 week/month entries in the GWN, like the bug squashing/creeping statistics.
14
15 Frank.