From: Maciej Mrozowski <reavertm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] crossdev and multilib interference
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 01:21:23
1 On Wednesday 26 of March 2014 02:07:56 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2
3 | cmake is completely broken when it comes to library searching and multilib and
4 | cross-compiling. it will happily look in hardcoded / paths to test for the
5 | existence of files as well as directly execute `pkg-config`. it's a great
6 | example of people saying "autotools is crap, so let's invent our own kind of
7 | crap and ignore lessons learned". this isn't the fault of cmake eclasses, but
8 | it'd be nice if we could someone standardize the hacks in there so we don't
9 | have to duplicate across ebuilds.
10
11 If we provided toolchain.cmake (passed to CMake via -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=<path>) file for each crossdev, that could not only set compiler paths/etc but also override CMAKE_SYSTEM_PREFIX_PATH, we would get pretty close to autotools.
12
13 Yes, CMake has pretty rudimentary (to put it mildly..) cross-compilation support but it still can be done there somewhat "right".
14
15 regards
16 MM