From: Andy Arbon <gentoo@××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New baselayout
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 11:57:35

Hello,

I just emerged the new baselayout, and when I boot up I get many lines
of error messages complaining that ln was unable to link into a
directory /var/lib/init.d/started/ because it does not exist.

I tried creating the directory and rebooting and one of the shutdown
scripts must have removed it, because the errors all occurred again.

The line /var/lib/init.d/started does not appear in any file under /etc,
and /var/lib/init.d only appears in rc and functions.sh.

Also, (and this could be a side effect) my NFS mounts are nolonger
automatically mounted when the system comes up.

Any ideas what's happening here?

Cheers,

Andy