From: Thomas de Grenier de Latour <degrenier@×××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] uninstalling packages with portage
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 07:50:15
1 On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 03:27:35 -0400
2 Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Er, they already block each other and dependencies should be on
5 > virtual/motif...
6
7 I know for the virtual, but I confirm they don't block each other:
8
9 thomas@gromit thomas $ emerge -pv openmotif lesstif
10 These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
11 Calculating dependencies ...done!
12 [ebuild R ] x11-libs/openmotif-2.2.2-r2
13 [ebuild N ] x11-libs/lesstif-0.93.40
14
15 A nice way to not forget this kind of block would be if portage was able
16 to distinguish between virtuals that may accept several providers and
17 those that can accept only exactly one.
18
19 --
20 TGL.
21