From: Arcady Genkin <agenkin@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /etc/init.d/xfs doesn't set up the xfs port properly
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 20:17:40
1 José Fonseca <j_r_fonseca@××××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 > X is unable to connect to xfs when started by the /etc/init.d/xfs . I
4 > had to remove "-port -1" from the xfs command.
5 >
6 > I'm not sure what was the purpose of "-port -1" there, and I'm not
7 > sure if there is any side effect with my change... is it?
8 >
9 > BTW: Is there any notorious advantage or disadvantage in using an
10 > external font server as xfs?
11
12 Can you file a bug report about this, please?
13
14 The port should be defined in the config file, and not in the startup
15 file. "-port -1" means that the XFS will only listen on the unix
16 domain socket, and won't accept any TCP connections.
17
18 Thanks,
19 --
20 Arcady Genkin
21 Thanks God I'm still an atheist! -- Luis Bunuel