From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:13:32
1 On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:17:20 +0100 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | On Tuesday 28 February 2006 15:52, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 | > Yes, it's an utterly trivial problem, but it is a QA violation.
5 | > Getting a complete list is something that takes a heck of a lot
6 | > longer, and I have yet to be convinced that my time would not be
7 | > better spent elsewhere.
8 |
9 | Where is a coding style problem related to quality of code in general
10 | and assurance in particular?
11
12 It's more relevant than you might think. Screwing up layout like that
13 breaks various QA checking tools that assume that things are in the
14 standard format.
15
16 | QA is about things being proper, not looking proper.
17
18 Proper coding style is part of being proper.
21 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Wearer of the shiny hat)
22 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
23 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm