From: derosa <derosa@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Kernel version 2.4.7
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 16:08:12
1 I just thought I would drop a note, re kernel 2.4.7 which I am running on 2
2 different systems. I took the base unpatched kernel, then I used alsa 2.6.0
3 and the latest i20 and lm_sensors, and built all of them as modules without
4 patches to the kernel. Everything is working fine, the home system has 2
5 coppermines, sound, and sensors. The work system just has 2 pentium II's, no
6 sensors or soundcard. The work system has been running setiathome for since
7 2.4.7 was released, and citadel and some other stuff, and no problems at
8 all.
9
10 I guess when you start with a great foundation, you can build anything on
11 top of it.
12
13 Joe