From: Roy Marples <roy@×××××××.name>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] OpenRC-0.1 released
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 11:43:06
1 OK, this the only release post I'll make here :)
2
3 OpenRC-0.1 has been released. It successfully boots Gentoo/Linux,
4 Gentoo/FreeBSD, FreeBSD-7 and NetBSD-4. It works (for me) in an unprivileged
5 prefix as well. It's pretty much feature complete for a first release.
6
7 What's left is fixing any outstanding bugs (probably a few) and making the
8 install process easier for pkgsrc and ports (not that you guys are interested
9 in that, but heh).
10
11 I still have a long list of features I'd like in OpenRC, so it's not finished
12 yet. It's just very useable right now and people have been clamoring for a
13 release, so here it is. Go wild :)
14
15 Remember, I retired from Gentoo. I won't be asking for keywords, or being made
16 stable. That's up to you guys.
17
18 To keep track of this being pushed into Gentoo portage, watch the action on
19 bug #212696.
20
21 Thanks
22