From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: Facilitating user contributed ebuilds (Was: [gentoo-dev] The future of the Sunrise project)
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2016 10:33:42
1 On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 6:22 AM, Alexander Berntsen <bernalex@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 09/06/16 12:14, Johannes Huber wrote:
4 >> This statement is not feeded with numbers. Distrowatch tells
5 >> something else.
6 > I don't know what "feeded" means. Distrowatch is useless for anything
7 > but figuring out what distros are popular among people who actually
8 > still use distrowatch.
11 It isn't even useful for that. It is only useful for figuring out
12 which distros that advertise themselves in USER_AGENT strings are
13 popular among people who actually still use distrowatch.
14
15 Gentoo doesn't tend to be big on self-promotion, so we probably don't
16 get a lot of credit for the traffic we do generate.
17
18 Here is my user agent right now:
19 Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko)
20 Chrome/51.0.2704.63 Safari/537.36
21
22 Good luck figuring out what distro I'm on from that...
25 Rich