From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Of death and prerm
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 13:26:45
1 >>>>> On Wed, 30 Aug 2017, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2
3 > I've been working on the user packages GLEP that I started and then
4 > forgot about sometime at the beginning of the year. I'm trying to finish
5 > up the reference implementation.
6
7 > When it comes to removing users, everyone's suggestions were along the
8 > same lines:
9
10 > 1a. If you try to uninstall a user package, it should die(), because
11 > calling userdel can be a security risk if the user still owns
12 > files.
13
14 This rather sounds like a case for package manager support with
15 some property like RESTRICT="uninstall".
16
17 Ulrich