From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] portage 1.5_pre5
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 10:29:42
1 Hi All,
2
3 I just committed portage 1.5_pre5, which now performs numerous consistency
4 checks on cat/pkg strings. Portage should now gracefully handle invalid
5 current-packages lines, invalid /var/db/pkg entries, invalid /usr/portage
6 entries, and invalid .tbz2 files. It will print Error messages to stdout
7 and continue, so that the errors can be detected and eventually corrected.
8
9 If your version of portage is dying because one of your databases
10 (current-packages, /var/db/pkg, or /usr/portage) has an invalid entry, simply
11 do this:
12
13 1. Do a cvs update.
14 2. Copy /usr/portage/sys-apps/portage/files/1.5/pym/portage.py to
15 /usr/lib/python2.0/portage.py
16
17 If you're not getting python errors, then a simple merge of the new version
18 should suffice.
19
20 Let me know if this solves the problem.
23 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
24 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org
25 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.