From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Move x86/amd64 CPU extensions USE flags to a new USE_EXPAND variable
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 18:19:47
1 On 12/11/10 18:57, Jeroen Roovers wrote:
2 > Hi all,
5 > bugs like [1] makes clear to me that the increasing number of CPU
6 > extensions USE flags is getting more and more confusing.
7 >
8 [snip]
11 > Among all CPU extensions USE flags you'll find:
12 >
13 > 3dnow
14 > 3dnowext
15 > mmx
16 > mmxext
17 > sse
18 > sse2
19 > sse3
20 > sse4
21 > sse4a
22 > sse5
23 > ssse3
24 >
25 > I probably missed a few, there.
28 How many packages are affected by those?
29 I like the idea, but I think changing it around for 2 packages might be
30 a bit silly. If there's a reasonable amount of packages involved I'm all
31 for it.
32
33 Patrick