From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Be Careful of Your MAKEOPTS!!
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 15:02:33
1 On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 21:45:10 +0100 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | On Friday 05 December 2003 19:38, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 | >
5 | > Wouldn't that be rather unfair upon users who have a dozen 8-way
6 | > amd64 boxes fully interconnected by switched gigE who do glibc
7 | > development?
8 |
9 | I believe that MAKEOPTS is a part of make.conf. I think that in this
10 | case it makes sense to have that few users with very powerful set-ups
11 | change their make.conf instead of having many people bork out on
12 | glibc.
13
14 The default make.conf settings are sane. It's only if you change them to
15 something stupid that problems occur.
18 Ciaran McCreesh
19 Mail: ciaranm at gentoo.org
20 Web: http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm