From: Michael Krelin <gentoodoo@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [soc] Python bindings for Paludis
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 23:20:12
1 > Michael Krelin wrote:
2 >>> The question is whether scripts that, say, parse emerge -pv output have
3 >>> to carry on working.
4 >> I think this requirement would put portage itself in quite uncomfortable
5 >> situation.
6 >>
7 > It's a non-issue imo; it's up to script authors and maintainers (aka users)
8 > to keep up with whichever tools they choose, cf Bash 3.2 regex changes.
9 > If it's a useful script, it'll get updated.
10
11 I think the same applies not only for different portage versions, but
12 for various package managers too. There may be some parts of the output
13 strictly specified, but otherwise it's like indeed forcing all
14 sendmail-compatible mailers provide uniform mailq output.
15
16 Love,
17 H
18 --