From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] xine-lib
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 19:30:05
1 On Friday 17 October 2003 19:20, Patrick Lauer wrote:
2 >
3 > 1) How did this slip through QA?
4 > 2) What is the official policy on breaking emerge -U ? I thought that's a
5 > big no-no? 3) Why is a bug that I'd consider a BLOCKER only WONTFIX ?
6
7 Unfortunately there are packages that have issues with existing libs. Parts of
8 that are caused by libtool and can often be fixed by the libtool.eclass
9 elibtoolize function. I don't know why xine-lib blocks, and I believe that a
10 fix would be wanted, but in some cases such a thing is the only option.
11
12 Paul
15 Paul de Vrieze
16 Gentoo Developer