From: "Marcelo Góes" <vanquirius@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] package.mask cleanups
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:34:29
1 On 1/24/06, Alec Warner <warnera6@×××××××.edu> wrote:
2 > Please have a look and see if any of the packages are yours. Entries in
3 > package.mask should have a corresponding ebuild in the tree somewhere.
4 > I'd like to see the number of entries chopped by a fair margin.
5
6 I masked prelude stuff so that it wouldn't be a moving target and we
7 can stabilize a 0.9.x release. For example, even though
8 >dev-libs/libprelude-0.9.3 does not match anything in the tree, if
9 somebody bumps it to 0.9.4 ~arch users will still get 0.9.3. This
10 should only go off after a 0.9.x release is stabilized or if a
11 security bug comes up. Just FYI.
12
13 Marcelo
16 Marcelo Góes