From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RDEPENDing on packages from overlays?
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 05:40:39
1 >>>>> On Sun, 24 Apr 2011, Eray Aslan wrote:
2
3 > The consensus seems to be to leave it for the package maintainer to
4 > decide.
5
6 > I, for one, will be making the necessary changes to include packages
7 > from overlays until, for whatever reason, it either
8
9 > * becomes too burdensome
10 > * hinders the main tree
11
12 I can live with that, as long as the responsibility that packages work
13 with dependencies from overlays stays entirely with the overlay's
14 maintainer.
15
16 But could you please add a comment in the virtual's ebuild where (i.e.
17 in which overlay) the additional dependencies can be found?
18
19 Ulrich