From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Video4Linux and linux headers
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:26:31
1 On Monday 18 April 2005 05:56 am, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2 > On Monday 18 April 2005 04:04, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > this probably falls along side the USE refactoring someone else suggested
4 > > where we use.mask everything in base/use.mask that is arch-specific and
5 > > only unmask in appropriate profiles
6 >
7 > So what?
8
9 so what -> in other words, we should do this together instead of 1 USE flag at
10 a time :P
11
12 > This, imho, should be done also for alsa and oss (just to take
13 > media useflags which I'm more used to handle), which are linux (and
14 > obsd/nbsd, in case of oss) specific.
15 >
16 > I can get a list of flags to mask/unmask, if this is feasible, and commit
17 > them in the next days, cleaning up deps.
18
19 if by commit you mean the profiles then i think you should go make a list of
20 specific USE flags and drop it onto the gentoo-dev list before committing :p
21 -mike
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list