From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: more help needed with gcc-4.8 stabilization, chromium starts heavily using C++11
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 21:22:29
1 On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 00:34:33 +0000 (UTC)
2 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
3
4 > While it pains me to say this, unfortunately it looks like we have
5 > another "toxic person" situation to deal with, with all the
6 > implications that come with it. Maybe it's time to deal with it.
7
8 Toxic wars have casualties; in one of the sides, or in both of them.
9
10 IOTW; you're already dealing with it, you can only change the outcome.
11
12 > Best wishes to those on the council ATM, however they go. It's not
13 > an easy job in the best circumstances and unfortunately, we're not
14 > talking the best circumstances ATM. However it resolves, they're
15 > going to need wisdom and guts and social skills.
16
17 Ignoramus et ignorabimus.
18
19 IOTW; you can't see the future, gut feeling play a very big role.
20
21 > We can all hope/pray to $DEITY/$FATES/$HIGHER- POWERS they have
22 > what's required, because the bandages applied to date are clearly no
23 > longer working.
24
25 Band-aids don't fix bullet holes.
26
27 IOTW; while it may or may not change the outcome, war is a real threat.