From: David Holm <david@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new category: dev-ada and new developer :)
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 15:55:36
1 Hello and thank you =).
2 I know exactly what you mean. It took me 10 compiles to get ada support compiled with gcc (and
3 we all now how long it takes to bootstrap gcc ;) only to realize it was too buggy to suit my
4 needs anyway.
5
6 These days too many distributions suffer from the "gcc-ada must be better than gnat"-disease and
7 I didn't want gentoo to end up there as well. So many people don't take ada seriously and
8 most of those who do use the commercial release anyway.
9
10 I hope that if you want to use ada again you will find the experience positive in gentoo =).
11
12 //David Holm
13
14 On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 11:11:39 -0400