From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] [treequake] virtual/mysql addition
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 07:38:42
1 On 23-11-2006 00:12:45 +0000, Francesco Riosa wrote with possible deletions:
2 > Also if you are the maintainer of one of the mentioned [5] packages
3 > please avoid version bumps until tomorrow when I'll apply the changes to
4 > the tree (see [2] for an explanation)
5
6 [snip]
7
8 > [5]
9 > profiles/default-darwin/macos/10.4/package.provided
10 > profiles/default-darwin/macos/progressive/package.provided
11 > profiles/default-darwin/macos/prefix/package.provided
12
13 Index: experimental/profiles/default-darwin/macos/10.4/package.provided
14 =======================================================================
15 - dev-db/mysql-4.1.10a
16 + virtual/mysql-4.1
17
18 Maybe I don't understand very well, but isn't it a more logical solution
19 to keep this "as is"? I'm not in favour of having virtuals in
20 package.provided files (apart from whether it works or not).
21
22 Will the MySQL 3.x and 4.x source lines completely vanish in your
23 change? If not, what will be the package that provides a 4.1.x version
24 of MySQL after your change? Alternatively, we remove mysql from the
25 package.provided files in the default-darwin tree. I don't think the
26 package is in use by any other package.
27 --
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list