From: David Leverton <levertond@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Reviving GLEP33
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 16:15:47
1 On 5 August 2010 04:27, Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > If an EAPI adds a new global function that cannot set/influence EAPI,
3 > PM's that don't support that EAPI will spit complaints about 'missing
4 > command' during sourcing- however the PM will still see the EAPI value
5 > is one it knows it doesn't support, and act accordingly.
6
7 You're suggesting a system based around ebuilds running commands that
8 don't exist and ignoring the errors, which is a pretty blatant hack.
9 While I don't think it's /absolutely/ out of the question, as I said
10 earlier, I can see why some people would exclude it from consideration
11 entirely.