From: Damaen <damaen@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] painful KDE install
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 13:39:45
I'm wondering if anyone else ran into the problems merging
kdebase-2.2.2-r1. I'm not normally a KDE user, but I do try it out
everytime there is an update.

I ran into three problems during compile. All of them undefined
references. I'm sorry I don't have exact errors, but I believe I can
replicate them if need be.

First off, I hit an undefined reference in ./libkonq/kfileivi.cc, lines
197-200 to the function KIconEffect::hasEffect. I remedied it by
commenting the reference out and replacing the if statment, as such:

195:    KIconEffect *effect = KGlobal::iconLoader()->iconEffect();
196:
197:    //bool haveEffect = effect->hasEffect( KIcon::Desktop, d->state
) !=
198:    //                  effect->hasEffect( KIcon::Desktop, state );
199:
200://    if( haveEffect &&
201:    if(
202:        effect->fingerprint( KIcon::Desktop, d->state ) !=
203:        effect->fingerprint( KIcon::Desktop, state ) )
204:    {

Compile continued after this, until I hit another undefined reference in
./kcontrol/crypto/crypto.cpp, to function
KSSLCertificateCache::modifyByCN, again, I commented it out, line 987:

986:     QDateTime expires = x->getExpires();
987:     //_cc.modifyByCN(thisCN,
(KSSLCertificateCache::KSSLCertificatePolicy)x->getPolicy(),
x->isPermanent(), expires);
988:     //policies->setGroup(x->configName());

Compile now moved past this point, this time it died on undefined
references in libMesaGL.so.I actually corrected this by backrev'ing Mesa
from 3.5 to 3.4.2.

Compile actually finished after this, and I do have a running KDE
environ. I did update Mesa, back to v3.5, and it seems to be running
fine. I thought that I should mention this difficulty to you guys
though... :)

--
Regards,
Tim Bissell