From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Last rites: www-client/chromium-bin
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 10:01:21
1 On 03/05/2011 04:41 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 6:46 PM, Alex Alexander<wired@g.o> wrote:
3 >> Anyway, compilation on a modern system shouldn't take more than an
4 >> hour. ~15-20 minutes on a quad i5.
5 >
6 > Clearly your definition of modern doesn't include my server... :)
7 > Just checked and the last build clocked in at 192 minutes. I need to
8 > make sure I have /var/tmp/portage symlinked back to a non-tmpfs
9 > location whenever I build it or else the system pretty-much dies from
10 > a lack of RAM.
11
12 Then I'd say you have your tmpfs mount options configured wrongly :-)
13 You should specify a maximum amount of RAM it should use. When it fill
14 up, it then uses swap.