From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] install media and USB debugging
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 12:09:21
1 On 2010.12.11 09:26, Andrea Conti wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > (First of all: I'm not sure this list is the right place to ask. If
5 > it
6 >
7 > is not, feel free to point me in the right direction)
8 >
9 > Is there a specific reason why the kernel on the install media is
10 > built
11 > with CONFIG_USB_STORAGE_DEBUG=y ? This has the nasty side-effect of
12 > completely overwriting the kernel log buffer with junk when booting
13 > from
14 > a USB cdrom drive.
15 [snip]
16 >
17 > Andrea
20 Andrea,
21
22 Please file a bug at bugs.gentoo.org
23 That will get into the right developers work queue
26 Regards,
27
28 Roy Bamford
29 (Neddyseagoon) a member of