From: tadpol@××××××.org
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] sound and cdplayer not working
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 13:55:21
1 On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 09:12:43PM +0200, Sebastian Werner wrote:
2 > In my actuall version there was no dsp-dev - the connection which is
3 > normally the soundcard output. I have no idea how create the entry in
4 > dev - mknod or something... In Mandrake 8 the /dev/dsp is avaible. You
5 > can use devfs in Filesystem options and the device will created
6 > automatically on module load.
7
8 if all it is is a missing dev node, you can easily build new ones with
9 MAKEDEV. As root, cd to /dev/ and run `MAKEDEV dsp`
10 That will build the device node.
11
12 Hopefully that's all you're missing.
15 Michael Tilstra tadpol@××××××.org
16 I'll do all these things, because I'm an idiot.