From: Johnson Steward <i@××××××××.moe>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Appropriate location to publish experimental stages for Alt
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2017 15:51:35
1 Hello,
2
3 I've been messing with Gentoo FreeBSD these days and, finally, got to the
4 current latest version available. As upgrading is really a tiring process
5 (lots and lots and lots of bootstrapping the tool chain and bunches of
6 blocks in the current stages), I'm thinking of sharing my currently working
7 system as a staged for further testing for those who are interested.
8
9 Yet I can't come up with an appropriate location for the stage4 to be
10 hosted. 1.4GB is obviously too large for a pastebin even if
11 bzip2-compressed, and consumer-level cloud storage providers like Google
12 Drive or OneDrive will create unnecessary chaos when trying to actually
13 install the system (virtually impossible to interact with that
14 JavaScript-based system within the FreeBSD livecd), and I don't have an
15 account for Google Cloud Storage or AWS either.
16
17 Is there a suitable location to host such a stage? I'm currently not a
18 Gentoo developer, yet I really want my work to benefit the Gentoo FreeBSD
19 community.
20
21 Thanks,
22