From: Alexey Shvetsov <alexxy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage Git migration - clean cut or git-cvsserver
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 10:17:17
Kent Fredric писал 2012-05-24 13:02:
> On 24 May 2012 05:35, Alexey Shvetsov <alexxy@g.o> wrote: >> Full clone will be about 1G or so but no more then 2. If we will >> drop >> changelog it will be much smaller >> > > And if you use git commit signing instead of ebuild manifests, > intra-commit churn will almost be negligible. :D
Yep. Each signature to manifest adds ~512B of echanged data. And this will be added every commit. Also Manifest contain checksumms for all filesincluding ebuild, patches, metadata and so on. thin-manifests will contain only DIST data so they will be much smaller -- Best Regards, Alexey 'Alexxy' Shvetsov Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute, NRC Kurchatov Institute, Gatchina, Russia Department of Molecular and Radiation Biophysics Gentoo Team Ru Gentoo Linux Dev mailto:alexxyum@×××××.com mailto:alexxy@g.o mailto:alexxy@×××××××××××××.ru