From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Google SOC 2008
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 16:09:12
1 On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 10:32:45 -0800
2 joshua jackson <tsunam@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > All,
5 >
6 > Google is once again doing the summer of code for students. I'm
7 > helping organize it this year and am putting out a call for some
8 > elements to help.
9 >
10 > 1) We need idea's for things to do. Diego has already submitted some
11 > via his blog which have been taken into consideration.
12 > 2) We need mentors, so far confirmed I have: Diego and Saleem
13
14 Something nice would be to reimplement revdep-rebuild as a package set
15 for portage-2.2 (the ground work for that is already done, but most of
16 the processing logic from revdep-rebuild is still missing).
17 Unlike most other portage-related ideas this one doesn't require a huge
18 understanding of portage internals, and I'd be willing to mentor
19 applicants for this.
20
21 Marius
26 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
27 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.