From: Gareth John <gdjohn@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: kbechstein@×××××××××××××××.com
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] problems emerging gnome
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:23:33
1 > When trying to do an emerge gnome I get the following error output:
2 >
3 > Calculating dependencies
4 > emerge: there are no masked or unmasked ebuilds to satisfy
5 > ">=dev-libs/lxml2-2.4".
6 >
7 > !!! Error calculating dependancies. Please correct.
10 This is because of a typo in the gstreamer ebuild. An email I received
11 concerning this bug suggested this:
12 --
13 please try this:
14 rm -rf /var/cache/edb/dep/*
17 I haven't tried this though, I just fixed the type. It should read:
18
19 >=dev-libs/libxml2-2.4
20
21 not lxml.
22
23 Good luck emerge'ing gnome though - I've tried this a few times on a fresh
24 machine over the past couple of days and it's totally borked. I don't have
25 time to spend sorting out all of the problems (mainly with dependencies
26 being masked), so am stuck with X11+twm... maybe it's time I try kde.
27
28 Hope this helps,
29
30 Gareth