From: Sebastian Pipping <webmaster@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [rfc] repo_name/layman-global.txt overlay name mismatches
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 13:53:11
1 Sebastian Pipping wrote:
2 > I'll try to create a map for all overlays in layman-global.txt as a next
3 > step. Layman and shell tools should help with that.
4
5 Believe it or not: discs space issues disallow me to have an answer
6 already. The code is there, I just cannot checkout all overlays at the
7 same time :-(
8
9 Maybe anybody else could run below commands before I find time to fix
10 the disc space thing.
13 High level view:
14
15 - Checkout the mismatch detector script
16 - Backup the set of names of your current overlays
17 - Add all overlays
18 - Run the script
19 - Remove all overlays
20 - Restore the set of original overlays
23 Low level view:
24
25 # git clone git://git.goodpoint.de/smolt-gentoo.git
26 # cd smolt-gentoo
27 # git checkout -b gentoo origin/gentoo
28 # cd client/distros/gentoo
29
30 # layman -l > my_active_overlays.txt
31 # sudo layman -f
32 # sudo layman -a ALL
33 # python _mismatch.py | tee repo_name_analysis.txt
34 # sudo layman -d ALL
35 # sed 's|^[^ ]* \([^ ]\+\).*$|\1|' my_active_overlays.txt | \
36 xargs -n 1 sudo layman -a
39 The output produces line like
40
41 MISMATCH "gentoo-china" (layman-global) versus "china" (repo_name)
42
43 Please share the resulting repo_name_analysis.txt with us.
44
45 I guess it all sounds a bit odd, but maybe it's fun to you and we have
46 an answer faster. I have 17 mismatches here already.
51 Sebastian