From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP ??: Critical News Reporting
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 14:14:14
1 On Friday 04 November 2005 14:38, Nathan L. Adams wrote:
2 > Paul de Vrieze wrote:
3 > > What is worse is that some
4 > > users might not update for a prolongued time (6 months). At that time
5 > > they will not find the information in the erata list anymore. But
6 > > they will get the RELEVANT news delivered by emerge/enews.
7 >
8 > Why would a "SomeSQL 1.0 to 1.1" guide ever need to dissappear? Surely
9 > errata.g.o would have archiving/searching. But I do see your point
10 > about emerge filtering out the unwanted stuff.
11
12 It would be hidden in the forrest. Even if I did a search on SomeSQL, it
13 might return a number of news items on SomeSQL. That is besides the fact
14 that I have 737 packages installed. I'm not going to search news on all
15 of them. Archiving would of course be provided, but searching is not
16 usefull for updating.
17
18 Paul
21 Paul de Vrieze