From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@g.o, Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>, Gentoo-User <gentoo-user@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Possible isses with gcc, *please* read!
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 22:30:33
1 Hi
2
3 Sorry for the inconvenience, but if you experience problems
4 where builds fail due to /lib/cpp or /usr/bin/cc not being
5 executable:
6
7 -----------------------
8 imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
9 imake: No such file or directory
10 imake: Cannot exec /lib/cpp.
11 Stop.
12 -----------------------
13
14 Please do the following:
15
16 # emerge rsync
17 # rm -f /lib/cpp /usr/bin/cc
18 # cp /usr/portage/sys-devel/gcc/files/cpp /lib
19 # cp /usr/portage/sys-devel/gcc/files/cc /usr/bin
20 # chmod +x /lib/cpp /usr/bin/cc
21
22 The reason for this, is that for support of multiple versions
23 of gcc, we had to drop the /lib/cpp and /usr/bin/cc symlinks
24 in favour for wrappers.
25
26 Problem now, is that many of the older gcc ebuild have a broken
27 pkg_postrm() function that recreate the /lib/cpp and /usr/bin/cc
28 symlinks after new one was merged, and old is then unmerged.
29
30 If any problems, and above does not work, drop me a mail ... I
31 will try to help everyone in reasonable time.
34 Regards,
38 Martin Schlemmer
39 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
40 Cape Town, South Africa