From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo developers <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Paper: Normalized source code repositories
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 08:08:32
Hi folks,

some while ago I've already talked a bit about the OSS-QM project
and it's source code repositories, which include upstreams together
with downstream's (distros, etc) changes.

Here's a paper describing it more in datail, from automated upstream
imports down to also importing downstream/distro changes automatically.

The latter works quite well for recent Debian packages (at least
when following their own policies ;-o), as they tell quite exactly
which patches have to be applied (and their order). For Gentoo it's
more complicated, as I dont know a way to exact that information yet.

 Enrico Weigelt, metux IT service --

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt@×××××.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666