From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Fwd: Re: [gentoo-dev] Crash on install....
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 16:44:46
1 ---------- Forwarded Message ----------
2
3 Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Crash on install....
4 Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 15:40:01 -0600
5 From: Mark Berry <mark@××××××××.com>
6 To: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@××××××.nl>
7
8 Ok, I booted off the CD, and manually mod-probed my devices... and I
9 found where it was hanging, the SCSI card.
10
11 It appears the aic7xxxx driver is hanging it. (Leading to a kernel panic).
12
13 it's an adaptec 29160 card, which I imagine is a very common card. I am
14 pretty sure the hardware is fine as I have a copy of win2k booting off
15 the SCSI disk fine.
18 hmm... looking at the card itself, it appears that the chipset on the
19 label isn't 7x but 8x (3860q). That could be the problem.
22 I will try as you mentioned booting off another ISO and see if that
23 changes anything, but my guess it's the SCSI card.
24
25 Cheers
26
27 .mark