From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Keywordreqs and slacking arch teams
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 18:05:21
1 On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 3:43 AM Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On Sat, 28 Dec 2019 11:35:49 +0000
4 > Michael 'veremitz' Everitt <gentoo@×××××××.xyz> wrote:
5 >
6 > > Note: we're nnot acttually talking about replacing portage here, just
7 > > creating a tool ((((thiink php script web tthingy)) that will do some of
8 > > the pre-screeninng worrrrk that AT hate (eg.... what kensiington did
9 > with
10 > > stable-bbot)
11 > >
12 > > * with apologies for keyboard/remote-access lagggg creating typo hell.
13 >
14 > But, doing that requires viewing realised copies of ebuilds, which
15 > requires interpreting eclasses and variable interpolation, which
16 > requires bash sourcing, which requires a mountain of portage hell.
19 > Yes, sharing the stable-bot logic would probably be fine.
20 >
21 > But it doesn't use a database AFAIK, it would likely just be making use
22 > of the MD5Cache (either directly, or indirectly via portage APIs)
23 >
24 > But I won't be volunteering, because I won't touch python.
27 You could of course work together with someone else to write the tool?
28
29 -A