From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] $confopt variable for ebuild
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 09:14:27
1 On Friday 16 November 2001 17:03, you wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > coming from rocklinux I noticed a minor little thing missing. Since the
5 > options given to configure are mostly always the same, wouldn't it be
6 > good to provide ebuild scripts with a $confopt variable that contains
7 > "--host=${CHOST} --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man
8 > --infodir=/usr/share/info". This would make it easier to write new
9 > packages without having to write these options over and over again.
10 Hi,
11
12 This is easily achievable through eclasses. (Read
13 /usr/portage/eclass/doc/eclass-howto.*). Now that the KDE eclasses have
14 stabilized and are more or less complete, I'm thinking about maybe writing a
15 gnu.eclass for standard configure/make/make install-cycle ebuilds that will
16 inherit base.eclass and add things like std. configure options.
20 Dan Armak
21 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
22 Matan, Israel