From: Richard Yao <ryao@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: x86-fbsd <x86-fbsd@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Killing ~x86-fbsd?
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 19:36:59
1 > On Jan 27, 2019, at 1:58 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > I'm going to keep this short. Gentoo/FreeBSD is on life support for
6 > quite some time already. The little work happening around it is all
7 > focused on amd64. I'm not aware of any developer running ~x86-fbsd
8 > at this point, and all keywording requests on this arch aren't met with
9 > response.
10 >
11 > The single profile is marked exp and the depgraph is continuously
12 > degrading. At this point, it would probably be simpler to start over
13 > (and possibly copy keywords from ~amd64-fbsd) than to try to fix
14 > the current state.
15 >
16 > Therefore, I'd like to propose that we remove the profiles and kill
17 > the arch altogether. Is anyone opposed to that?
18 This will probably make life easier for people. I don’t see a problem with it.
19 >
20 > --
21 > Best regards,
22 > Michał Górny