From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in app-misc/note: ChangeLog note-1.3.3.ebuild
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:52:54
1 On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 01:01 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > On 09:56 Mon 15 Oct , Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
3 > > Written like this u certainly can't since the output of the find expression is
4 > > subjected to word splitting before u gets set. Hence this will fail if ${D}
5 > > contains spaces even if ${u} gets quoted. The best way to solve this is to use
6 > > find ... -print0 | xargs -0 rm. Unfortunately that solution means using GNU
7 > > extensions that I'm not sure are guaranteed to be available in the ebuild
8 > > environment. If they aren't maybe they should be.
9 >
10 > Cool, I hadn't dealt with this before. Thanks for pointing that out! We
11 > were just talking about whether to require GNU find the other day, but I
12 > don't recall the conclusion. Does anyone else?
13
14 I think most people wanted to force all GNU tools.
15 So once it's all keyworded BSD and installed outside of our normal $PATH
16 or g prefixed (gfind, gsed, etc) then you can start
17 DEPEND="your-find-of-choice" and use it in the ebuild.
18
19 But we're not there yet so lets use something that all platforms
20 support. Like say find's -delete action which should fit the bill quite
21 nicely.
22
23 Thanks
24