From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] QA Proposal v3
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:33:30
1 Thomas Cort <tcort@g.o> said:
2 > >* In case of emergency, or if package maintainers refuse to cooperate,
3 > > the QA team may take action themselves to fix the problem. The QA
4 > > team does not want to override the maintainer's wishes by default, but
5 > > only
6 > > wish to do so when the team finds it is in the best interest of users
7 > > and fellow developers to have the issue addressed as soon as possible.
8 >
9 > Maybe there should be something more here about dealing with maintainers
10 > who are refusing to cooperate. What if the maintainer reverts the
11 > changes that the QA team makes?
12
13 Well then, we have a problem and that is when we would call in devrel to
14 handle it. I really hope at no point it comes to the situation where we
15 need to override what the maintainer thinks is best, much less call in
16 devrel.
17
18 > >* The QA team will maintain a list of current "QA Standards" with
19 > > explanations as to why they are problems, and how to fix the problem.
20 > > The list is not meant by any means to be a comprehensive document
21 >
22 > Why isn't this list meant to be comprehensive? I know that there will be
23 > QA problems that come up that you haven't thought about yet, but it
24 > would be really really nice to have a list with all of the QA problems
25 > that could come up and how to fix them. It would help new developers
26 > avoid mistakes and it would benefit the QA team by giving them a
27 > document that they can direct devs to when there is a problem.
28
29 I addressed this in my reply to morfic, basically, it is just the
30 wording that threw you off :) I mean that it can never be complete, so
31 don't think it ever is.
34 Mark Loeser - Gentoo Developer (cpp gcc-porting qa toolchain x86)
35 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
36 mark AT halcy0n DOT com
37 web - http://dev.gentoo.org/~halcy0n/
38 http://www.halcy0n.com