From: Dave Lee <davel@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Linux 1.0 released
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 23:40:20
1 Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 > New kernel:
3 > "2.4.19": 2.4.19-pre2-ac4-XFS
4 > Includes up-to-the-minute XFS support,
5 > O(1) scheduler,
6 > Rik van Riel's reverse-mapping patch,
7 > Andre Hedrick's IDE updates,
8 > Andrew Morton's disk IO fixes,
9 > and the usual Alan Cox goodness
10
11 can anybody tell me about the new "Library routines" section of the kernel
12 config. It has (undocumented, at least thru menuconfig) options for zlib
13 compression and decompression. First, what do these options do for the
14 kernel, and second, is the zlib library that the kernel uses up-to-date
15 with regards to the recent zlib vulnarabiliy? The kernel.org CHANGELOG
16 says the zlib bug was fixed in -pre4.
17
18 Any info on this is much appreciated, thx. Should I post this on the
19 gentoo-user ML?
20 Dave